Importing Gravity Forms Post Fields from CSV
As of Entry Importer Version 2.0, we will no longer provide support for importing Post Fields during the field mapping stage. See "What are Post Fields" below for more information.
Gravity Forms recommends using the Advanced Post Creation Add-On to create posts. The add-on is far more powerful and flexible than the old field-based method.
How to import WordPress Posts and Custom Post Types while importing entries
When importing entries from CSV into an existing Gravity Forms form, Posts can be created in combination with the Gravity Forms Advanced Post Creation Add-On.
- Before importing, install the Advanced Post Creation Add-On
- Make sure the Gravity Forms form exists already. If not, create it.
- Create a Advanced Post Creation feed for the form in Gravity Forms
- Import your CSV into Gravity Forms
- On the Configure step, enable the "Process Form Feeds"
- Check the box next to the feed name for the Advanced Post Creation feed
- Complete the import
What are Post Fields?
Post Fields are types of fields used by Gravity Forms to create WordPress Posts when a form is submitted. These field types include: