Filtering by entry approval status
In Advanced Filter 1.3, we added the ability to filter by entry approval status.
You can filter by the following entry statuses:
- Approved - Entries that have been accepted
- Disapproved - Entries that have been rejected
- Unapproved - Entries that have not yet been reviewed
To filter by approval status:
When editing a View, scroll down to View Settings.
Click the Filter & Sort tab.
Find the Advanced Filter setting row. You will see three dropdown fields.
From the first dropdown field, select "Entry Approval", because you want to filter entries based on their approval status.
From the second dropdown, you can choose "is" or "is not".
From the third dropdown, you can choose between the approval statuses ("Approved", "Disapproved" and "Unapproved").
When you have configured your filter, it should something like this:
If you want, you can add multiple approval filters by clicking the plus symbol to the right of the filter.
If you are filtering by "Unapproved", and the entries are not appearing
Filtering by "Unapproved" may not work properly for entries created before installing GravityView 2.0.14.
To update the approval status for the unapproved entries:
- View the form's entries by clicking Forms in the sidebar
- Click on the name of the form with the entries you wish to display
- Click on the Entries link in the Gravity Forms toolbar
- Click the GravityView astronaut head icon to sort by approval status (that icon is of our mascot, Floaty!)
- Click the checkboxes of the unapproved entries (they will have an yellow circle next to them)
- At the top of the table, there is a dropdown field labeled "Bulk Actions". Click that field and select "Reset Approval"
- Click the Apply button
This will make the entries able to be filtered by "Unapproved" status.