About View Settings
GravityView 1.8 introduced new consolidated Settings layout. Prior to 1.8, settings boxes were in many different locations when editing a View. In 1.8, the settings have been grouped together in one box.
View Settings (1.8 and Later)
All the settings boxes have been consolidated into a single "View Settings" box that has tabs for each of the previous settings boxes.
Let's review the different settings available in the View Settings metabox.
- Modify how many entries that are displayed on each page of the View
- When viewing images in the View, display the images in an in-page popup
- Only display entries that have been approved
- Hide all entries in the View until a search has been performed using the Search Bar
- Don't display empty fields (hides the label, too)
- Allow users to edit entries they created
- Allow users to delete entries they created
- Featured entries get promoted to the top of the View results (Featured Entries Extension only)
Single Entry Settings
- The heading to use when viewing a single title
- When viewing a single entry, this text is used as the link to return to the View's multiple entries screen. Default: "← Return to Search"
Filter & Sort Settings
- When using a Table layout, enabling sorting by column will allow you to click the table header to sort the entries
- Choose the field to sort the View by (defaults to entry date)
- Sort direction (ascending, descending, or random). Defaults to DESC (newest to oldest entries)
- Limit the View entries based on the date the entry was created (only show entries after than date entered)
- Limit the View entries based on the date the entry was created (only show entries before than date entered)
- Advanced Filter logic statements that modify what entries to show in the View
- Choose which Address field from the Gravity Forms form to use to place the marker on the map
- Define the type of Google map you want displayed (Street, Satellite, or Hybrid)
- Choose the default icon used to display map markers "Select Icon", or upload your own "Add Icon"
Ratings & Reviews Settings
- Whether to enable reviews for entries in this View. Required for the Ratings & Reviews Extension to work properly
- Prevent users from leaving multiple reviews. This does not apply to Administrators.
- Hide the ratings fields; only display comment form items
- Choose between rating types (Vote Up/Vote Down, Star Ratings)